THINGS TO DO
Wongalinga Holiday Apartments are located in the central village of Wongaling Beach. Your Mission Beach accommodation is an easy stroll to bars and restaurants. Look no further for your Mission Beach holiday accommodation.
There’s so much to see and do at Mission Beach and the surrounding area!
- Go skydiving! Enjoy a spectacular scenic flight over the tropical rainforest before free-falling 14,000 feet at 200km/hr to land on the beautiful Mission Beach!
- Go hot air ballooning, bush walking, white water rafting, horse-riding on the beach, hire a bike and explore the Mission Beach area at your own pace
- Visit Dunk Island – go bush walking, climb to the summit of Mount Kootaloo, the highest point on the island, or take a swim on the beach.
- Visit one of the many islands offshore from Mission Beach, including Dunk,Bedarra, Timana, Wheeler, Coombe, Smith, Bowden and Hudson Islands.
- Mountain bike tours – meander through the Licuala and Tam O’Shanter stateforests
- Go bushwalking – there are a wide range of rainforest walks available in the area.
- Wongaling Beach is right on your doorstep. Take a relaxing stroll along the beach or a swim to cool off during the hot summer days.
- Hire some kayaks and embark on a one way self tour down the Babinda Creek – a pristine clear mountain stream teaming with fish, turtles and platypus!
- Go white water rafting, scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing, jet skiing, sailing, go on a cruise, hire a boat and more
- Visit Dunk Island – Wongaling Beach is the closest point to Dunk Island and enjoys spectacular views. Hire a kayak, boat or catch the water taxi direct to Dunk Island
- The Great Barrier Reef is only 38km from Mission Beach – great for snorkelling or scuba diving
- Visit Paronella Park – set on 5 hectares beside Mena Creek, there is so much to see and do here! Features include fish feeding, discover a vast variety of plant and animal life (there are over 7,500 tropical plants and trees!), take a picnic, see the waterfall and more!
- Visit the Snapping Tours Crocodile Park and get up close and personal with crocodiles, alligators, the rare cassowary and heaps more! Learn how crocodiles breed, survive and how the Park play a part in conserving these magnificent creatures
- Discover the secrets of the Indigenous culture and dreamtime places with an Aboriginal guided tour. Get a unique insight into life in the rainforest, learn about Aboriginal uses of flora and fauna, listen to dreamtime stories and visit sacred story places.