Tropical Holidays acts as an agent for Property owners in promoting Properties for rent and arranging bookings.
Each time a Guest books a property through Tropical Holidays, the Guest is deemed to have agreed to these Terms & Conditions. Failure to observe these Terms & Conditions or any changes to such Terms & Conditions permits the agent to refuse entry to the premises, amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy and no refund will be given.
The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the letter of confirmation.
- At no time during your occupancy shall more than the number of persons stated, stay overnight at the premises, without prior consent of the agent whereupon extra charges may be required. Exceeding this number may invalidate any insurance policy on the Property. If consent for extra people is not given by the agent – immediate eviction will follow with no refund given.
- There are to be no Caravans, Camper Trailers, Tents parked on or near the property. If this is not abided by immediate eviction will occur with no refund given.
- Under the Terms & Conditions the property is strictly not available for parties, weddings, commercial activities including photo shoots or functions of any kind unless prior arrangements have been made. Permission is at the sole discretion of the agent and the owner and a surcharge will apply.
- A minimum deposit of 25% or equal to one night’s tariff for all reservations is required per booking. Final payment must be made 7 days prior to arrival. For bookings less than 7 days in advance, payment must be made in full at the time of the reservation.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST.
- Payment can be made by:
Direct Debit to Tropical Holidays Trust Account: BSB : 633 000 Account: 150 518 967
Credit Card, which does incur a 2% surcharge of the accommodation cost.
- If you terminate or cancel your holiday the following applies:
– Bookings cancelled 48 hours or less will result in a 100% charge of the accommodation fee.
– Bookings cancelled 7 days or less will receive a 50% refund.
– Bookings cancelled 30 days or over will incur a loss of deposit.
We recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect against any unforeseen cancellation
- In the unlikely event that Tropical Holidays is unable for any reason (including the sale of a property and force majeure) to provide the Guest with the Property booked by the Guest, Tropical Holidays reserves the right to transfer the Guest and their party to an alternative property of similar type and value, in consultation with the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is less than the original booking, the difference will be reimbursed to the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is higher than the original booking, the difference may be charged to the Guest. If, however, after considerable effort by Tropical Holidays, no alternative of similar type and value is available and / or no agreement can be reached between the Guest and Tropical Holidays, then either Tropical Holidays or the Guest may opt to cancel the booking. In that event, Tropical Holidays will refund the Guest all monies paid, without further compensation.
- The premises are available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival (unless prior arrangements are made with the agent).
The premises are to be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (unless prior arrangements are made with the agent). Please ensure all rubbish is removed to bins provided, the premised is left in a clean and tidy manner including all dishes are washed, turn off all air conditioners, securely lock the premises, close and lock all windows and return keys to the key safe at the property by 10.00am.
- This is self-catering accommodation and requires the Guest to supply all provisions and consumables. The Property is set up with a “Starter Kit”-, these are basic toiletries and cleaning supplies to begin your holiday with. All bed and bathroom linen is provided but guests should bring their own beach towels. (Properties with pools provide pool towels)
For bookings 8 – 14 days the premises will have a free linen change midway during the booking. For bookings over 14 days linen will be changed weekly free of charge.
Extra linen and cleaning can be arranged for an additional charge.
- The premises are typically someone’s home. Please treat the Property rented accordingly, and leave the Property and all its contents in good order and in an acceptably clean condition.
In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the Rental Period, Tropical Holidays may require the Guest and their party, including visitors to vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund.
Please note that the property is smoke free and must be left clean and tidy at the end of your stay. On departure, if there is evidence of smoke odour you will becharged an appropriate fee to cover additional cleaning costs; if damage to the premises has been incurred during your stay or excess cleaning is required, Tropical Holidays will charge the Credit Card supplied by you for such amounts and without reference, you hereby authorise us to do so. Breakages and losses to the property are to be reported and payment for their replacement maybe required.
Please bring plastic mattress covers for bed wetters. If bed wetting occurs guests must pay for a new mattress.
- As with all holiday letting, unexpected situations can cause inconvenience (i.e. electrical malfunctions, storms, excessive rain and basic wear and tear). In the event of an appliance break down all reported cases effecting the enjoyment of the property will be dealt with in a diligent and professional manner by the agent. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to repair, replace or hire an alternative. Mission Beach has limited access to tradespersons and your patience is sought should this occur. Claims for compensation for unexpected problems (except at the sole discretion of the agent in critical situations) will not be considered.
If no complaint is reported during the Rental Period, Tropical Holidays will assume that the Property was to the Guest’s satisfaction and no complaint will be entertained.
- The Agent and Owner will not be responsible for any disturbances or inconvenience caused for the purpose of building or council works, or any works instigated by the Body Corporate of a unit complex. This is beyond our control and neither the agent nor the owner can be held accountable for what another owner does in their property.
- If the guest requires after hours assistance (this is between 5:30pm and 8:00am) due to misplaced or loss of keys to gain access to the property a call out fee of $88 (plus tradesmen charges if called) will be charged to the credit card details that were advised by the guest to the agent’s secured site and the guest hereby authorizes the agent to do so.
- Office hours are from 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Saturday. Outside these times for emergency assistance please phone the office number 4068 8770 and leave a message if asked. The phone is checked regularly for messages.
- The booking is made in good faith by the agent. However the agent is not responsible for actions or changes made by the owner or a third party which may impact on the booking and over which the agent has no control.
- Further, the agent takes no responsibility for description of the property advertised on the web, brochures or any other written material, or verbal information given by the agent or the agent’s staff or associates. We are careful not to misrepresent any rental property. As in a block of units each unit is owned individually and therefore set up with different things, so please ask if there are specific items that you require.
- The Agent or Owner do not cover your personal belongings under their insurance policy and therefore take no responsibility for any loss or damage of the occupants personal property left on the premises. We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
- No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers. In home units, strata title by-laws and regulations must be observed. The Guest is responsible for the behaviour of the guests staying at the property, as well as visitors to the property during their stay. Should any guest(s) or visitor(s) not behave in a suitable manner, Tropical Holidays may, in their absolute discretion, require the Guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the property immediately, without compensation or refund given.
In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the property at all times, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given around pools, beaches and roads, and when using all Property’s facilities. We advise that you should get travel insurance because we accept no liability for injury, loss or damage.
- In the event of the property being offered for sale, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or their agent to inspect the property with prospective purchasers during reasonable hours by appointment.
- The owner or agent reserves the right to apply a bond on holiday premises if considered necessary.
- The owner or agent will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other cost when tenants arrive after hours.
- Rates are subject to change without notice. Once the Guest’s booking is confirmed, the price of the Guest’s reservation is fully guaranteed, even if the price increases after the Guest’s booking has been confirmed or if any special promotion is offered it does not change the price for existing bookings.
- If you require more information, you may contact Wongalinga Beach Apartments in any of the following ways:Mail:
Susie England, Director
Wongalinga Beach Apartments
PO BOX 423
Mission Beach QLD 4852
(07) 4068 8221